We are seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist with expertise in oncology and/or immunology research to take the leadership of the Translational Medicine – biomarker group. The selected candidate will lead the development and implementation of pharmacodynamics and patient selection biomarker and diagnostic strategies for individual projects in immuno-oncology. He/she will provide expertise to project teams to ensure access to state of the art biomarker and diagnostic technologies, evaluate their scientific basis and clinical applicability. He/she will assess the validation status and technical or statistical issues related to the proposed biomarker and/or diagnostic assays. In addition, he/she will direct the development and outsourcing of clinically applicable biomarker assays and oversee the analysis and reporting of the data.
Essential Duties & Job Function:
- Lead the translational sciences- biomarker group.
- Actively participates and lead the development and implementation of biomarker and diagnostic strategies for individual projects.
- Manages the validation, development, outsourcing of clinically applicable biomarker assays including pharmacodynamic, predictive, prognostic, and safety biomarkers.
- Oversees pharmacodynamic and patient selection biomarker and diagnostic testing and complex data analysis across functional area.
- Required to participate to experimental work to facilitate and assist with biomarker assay development and/or validation.
- PhD in Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, or Molecular Biology or related field and a minimum of 10 years of relevant research experience. Must have expertise in oncology, or immunology.
- Experience with the discovery, characterization, clinical validation and utilization of innovative biomarkers and potential diagnostics.
- Direct experience in validation, development, and outsourcing of clinically applicable pharmacodynamic biomarker assays is required.
- Experience implementing bio-assays in clinical studies (preferred).
- Laboratory experience with ELISA, flow cytometry, and human tissue specimens required.
- A strong applicant will also have experience with gene expression microarrays, qPCR, comparative genomic hybridization, and protein arrays.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to work effectively on multiple immune oncology programs in a fast paced environment.
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, and ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment.
- A stimulating scientific position within a high‐potential innovative biotech company.
- To work in a science-driven, human size, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- The opportunity to take part of an exciting scientific and business endeavor.
- Broad networking opportunities inside the company, the biotech/pharma sector and the academic world.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref: GL – TM.
Your application will remain strictly confidential.Close the offer